Frequently Asked                     Questions
Hope Realized for Individuals and Families Since 1978
About Us
  Our Mission
  Funding Sources
  Outpatient Services
  In Home Services
  Respite Care
  School Based Service
  Shelter Care
  Supervised Visitation
  School Consultation
  Adolescent Treatment
  Day Treatment
  Teen Mom and Child
  Child Treatment
  Full Family Care
 Deaf & Hard of Hearing
Foster Care
  Foster Parenting
  Licensed Professionals
  Mental Health Pract.
  Program Staff
  Specialized Workshop
  Current Openings
Contact Us
  Contact Us & Maps
  Intake Forms

 Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Foster Parenting

What kind of kids are in need of care?

Most are teenagers who are struggling with emotional and/or behavioral problems at home, school, or in the community. 


Where do youth in need of care come from?

Most youth are from rural East Central MN.


Can foster parents work outside of the home and still provide foster care?

Yes, TSA and foster parents work together to arrange for care while foster parents are at work.


Are these youths dangerous?

TSA carefully screens youth and only accepts those appropriate for family foster care setting.


Why should I foster parent? 

Foster parenting is rewarding and challenging as you invest in the lives of youth at a critical time in their lives.  By being a foster parent, you can make a difference in the life of a child.


What impact will foster parenting have on my own kids?

Many foster parents have shared that their children have benefitted from the experience.  Children of foster parents get to watch their parents help make the world better.  It's great role modeling.  


What are the foster families financially responsible for?

The foster family is paid a monthly reimbursement paycheck for the care provided.  Room and board and general daily living expenses are included in this reimbursement check.  Clothing, medical care and medication are not the foster parent's responsibility. 


How do I become a foster parent?

The process is not complex.  See the Foster Parenting and Licensure pages for more information or call Wendy Rude Pangerl at 320-629-7600 or 651-224-4114.

For more information or to make a referral, call:

320-629-7600 or  651-224-4114